prevention

Defensive Dentistry: How to Avoid Expensive Dental Problems

Dental issues can be painful and expensive...and they're not particularly fun, either. The solution? Taking good care of your teeth, so problems don't occur.

Free Prostate Cancer prevention readily available

98% of men say they do it; the other 2% are lying. But far from it being something to be embarrassed about, researchers have strong indications that this very common activity could

Pessimism Pays - Why Expecting the Worst Can Save You Money

Everyone's heard the adage, "Expect the best, prepare for the worst," but the truth is that many people are overly optimistic about the future. Being a worrier may sa

Malaria-Resistant Mosquito: Frugal Research or Future Pox?

File this one under "Wow, that's a great idea... or is it?" Scientists at Johns Hopkins University have developed a mosquito containing a gene that makes it resistant to the malaria virus. [more]

Cheap Condoms: Spread the Love, and Only the Love

Will's post about Valentine's Day not only made me snork my coffee when I read it this morning, but also surprised me with a number of its factoids. [more]