2009 Entertainment Book Giveaway
As a special gift to one lucky Wise Bread reader, the publishers of Entertainment.com have given me a 2009 Entertainment Book to review and another one to give away!
I once purchased an Entertainment Book through a school fundraiser a few years ago. At the time, I was actually a little disappointed because it seemed that most of the “entertainment” discounts for my local area were for snow skiing and well… I’m not a skier. I think I purchased the book in March, which meant most of the skiing season had already passed, too – so even if I had wanted to try it out, I was a little late.
In the 2009 Entertainment Book, though, I’m much happier at the options! I’m not sure if I’ve just grown up since the last time I bought the book, or if the book has really improved a lot over the years. It could be that the book was loaded with grocery and dining coupons even the first time I had it, too, but I was just too much of a college freshman to care about anything other than movie tickets and amusement park options at the time!
Now that I think about it… that’s probably more what happened. Anyway, now that I’m all “grown up” and have different priorities and needs in life, I find the 2009 Entertainment Book to be extremely useful for helping me live out a (mostly) frugal lifestyle. The book still includes a number of snow skiing coupons for ski resorts near where I live; but it also offers:
- a TON of 2 for one restaurant discounts, with and without the coupons. So you can use the coupons for the area restaurants first, and then use the Entertainment Book Membership card to activate additional discounts at the same (and other) restaurants.
- 10-25% off total bill at local restaurants.
- Fast food discounts, everything from McDonald's and Burger King to Arby's... Pizza Hut... Subway... several pages of fast food coupons.
- Grocery store coupons – in my local copy there are 4 coupons for $5 off a grocery purchase of $50 or more at Hannaford.
- Discounted admission to several nearby amusement parks and water parks, as well as a handful of coupons and discounts to theme parks that are in other states (so you could plan your summer vacations with the kids out of state and still benefit from your Entertainment Book).
- Movie discounts, miniature golf, admission to theaters for plays and musical events, and retail store discounts.
In addition to the physical coupons I can rip out of the book, the book comes with the Entertainment Membership Card. I don't remember much about the card from years passed, but I'm looking forward to using it this time around. The card entitles you to discounts at additional retailers and restaurants that may not have coupons in the book (or for those that do, a way to continue to save long after you’ve used your coupons); and online specials through the members only area of Entertainment.com.
The book can be purchased through Entertainmentbook.com (affiliate link) with a 35% off special price; or through many organizations who use the book as a fundraiser. If you’re not the winner of the book from this site, the purchase will likely be a good investment since it helps you save money all year round. Most people are able to save the cost of the book in the first few coupons they use; with all additional coupons and discounts giving you pure savings for the rest of the year. If you are hoping to have an inexpensive Valentine's Day celebration out on the town - the coupons in this book can help you do just that.
To enter the giveaway, please leave a comment describing the best coupons you've seen in the Entertainment Book (or if you've never used one, what coupons would benefit you the most) by February 22, 2009. One winner will be selected randomly. Only open to U.S. Residents age 18 or older.
The drawing has closed. Congrats to EN for winning!
UPDATED: Entertainment Book is Now 50% off.
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.
Wise Bread is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.