Ask the Readers: Are We Making a Comeback?
*** We have our winners!
- Comment #35: Stil a rough time ahead - Next 16 months to 4 years Submitted by Scott -Creating Wealth "I think we are in for a long rough go before we recover. We didn't build the excess in the market overnight and we won't wash it out overnight or even over the last year. We may not get as bad as the Great Depression but we will have something to talk to our grandkids about. I wrote two blog posts on it over the last 6 weeks. I think both are still relevant. Stock Market Prediction 2009 Updated Stock Market Prediction
While the stock market doesn't always reflect the economy, the factors I use surely do."
- Shaylasr No we are not coming out of the recession by a long fall. See wisebread for contest and excellent info on variety topics 5 days ago from web
So what's the deal? Are we seriously seeing the end of this recession? Or is this just a calm before a very bad storm? News analysts, finance gurus, and even the guy at the grocery store all have their opinions on whether this is the tail end of a painful spot in our economic history. The U.S. economy may very well have a long way to go, but there are some positive markers towards a recovery. What do you think? Are we finally getting out of the woods?
Share your thoughts here in our comment thread or on Twitter, and you'll be entered to win one of two $10 Amazon giveaways. It isn't enough to a make up for a bad investment year, but it can cover a few video on demand rentals for an evening of cheap entertainment. Dozens of readers have already won. You could be next!
Win a $10 Amazon Gift Certificate
We're doing two giveaways -- one for random comments, and another one for a random tweets.
How to Enter:
- Post your answer in the comments below, or
- Tweet your answer. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
At the end of the drawing, we'll update this post to include (and link to) all of your helpful responses.
- Contest ends Thursday, October 1st at 11:59 am CST. Winners will be announced after October 1st on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter both drawings -- once by leaving a comment and once by tweeting.
- Only tweets that contain both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" will be entered. (Otherwise, we won't see it.)