Ask the Readers: What Expensive Purchases Have You Made That Saved You Money?
Expensive purchases can be intimidating to make. Spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on a new appliance, car, or video game system can difficult for most people. However, when these big ticket purchases can end up saving you money, sometimes it's easier to bite the bullet and make the purchase.
What expensive purchases have you made that saved you money? An energy efficient appliance that reduced your utility bill? A hybrid car that helped you save on gas? A Wii to help you cut down on going out for entertainment purposes? A treadmill to keep you from spending money on a gym membership?
Tell us what expensive purchases you've made that saved you money and we'll enter you in a drawing to win a $20 Amazon Gift Card!
Win 1 of 3 $20 Amazon Gift Cards
We're doing three giveaways — here's how you can win!
- Post your answer in the comments below
For extra entry:
- Tweet your answer. You have to be a follower of our @wisebread account. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it. Leave a link to your tweet (click the timestamp for the individual URL) in a separate comment.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post OR you have a photo on flickr to share, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
- Contest ends Monday, October 1st at 11:59 pm Pacific. Winners will be announced after October 1st on the original post. Winners will also be contacted via email.
- You can enter all three drawings — once by leaving a comment, once by liking our Facebook update, and once by tweeting.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered, or associated with Facebook.
- You must be 18 and US resident to enter. Void where prohibited.
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.
Wise Bread is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.