Join Our Tweetchat on Thursday 11/21, 12pm PST for a Chance to Win $300 in Prizes!
Join our Tweetchat this Thursday at 12:00 p.m. Pacific/ 3p.m. Eastern for lively conversation and a chance to win a $200 gift card or one of two $50 gift cards! Use #WBChat to participate.
This week's topic: Protecting Your Finances During the Holidays! Join us as we talk about how you will be paying for purchases, taking on debt during the holidays, and credit scores. Share your tips on improving your credit and keeping your spending in check during the holidays!
For an easy way to keep track of the conversation, try using our special Tweetchat Chatroom.
Anyone can participate, but you must be following @WiseBread and RSVP below to win our prizes!
- First place: $200 Amazon GC
- Second place: $50 Amazon GC
- Third place: $50 Amazon GC
Winner must be US resident 18 or older. Winners are randomly selected and announced within 1 day of the chat.
To make it easier for us to keep track of attendees and pick our winners, please RSVP below with your twitter ID (put that in the "Link Title" field), email address, and your twitter URL (put that in the "URL" field, do not put your blog's url in there). Winners will be selected at random from RSVPs. If a winner is chosen who RSVPed but did not attend a 2nd winner will be chosen.
This Week's Chat is Sponsored by COUNTRY Financial
This week, the COUNTRY Financial Security Blog is sponsoring $300 in prizes for our chat! Joe Buhrmann, COUNTRY Financial’s manager of Financial Security Field Support, will be joining our chat (tweeting from @FinanceSecure) and sharing statistics from the latest COUNTRY Financial Security Index on how Americans will be paying for purchases this holiday season! Findings from their survey include:
- 61% of survey respondents plan on using cash, check, or debit to pay for most of their holiday purchase. Only 29% said they will use credit.
- 22% of Americans have four or more credit cards while only 18% have no credit cards at all.
- 56% of survey respondents said they would not take on debt for their holiday shopping. 26% said they would be willing to take on debt of less than $500 while 15% said they would be willing to take on $500 or more in debt for their holiday shopping.
- 64% of Americans say they are regularly paying down bad debt and 85% said they were confident they wouldn’t miss a credit card payment or be late paying other bills in the next six months.
- 74% of respondents said they were comfortable with their credit score or report even though 23% have not checked their credit score or report in the last two years.
- Women are more likely than men to have four or more credit cards (25% to 20%) and are more comfortable with their credit score and report than men (77% to 71%).
- 52% of women have checked their credit score or report within the last year as compared to 44% while 68% of women are regularly paying down bad debt as compared to 60% of men.
- People earning $200,000 or more annually are more likely to use credit to pay for their holiday purchases (48%) and are more likely to have checked their credit score or report within the last year (75%).
More About COUNTRY Financial
Here's a message from our sponsor:
The holiday season is full of cheer, goodwill and debt. According to the latest COUNTRY Financial Security Index®, 29 percent of Americans say they will use credit to pay for holiday gifts. How can you protect your credit (and wallet) during the season of giving?
Joe Buhrmann will be tweeting during the chat. Joe is the manager of Financial Security Field Support. In his role, Joe leads the Financial Security Consultants in delivering financial security through client meetings, delivering tangible plans, and client seminars.
New Parenting Chat Immediately Before #WBChat
Our sister blog Parenting Squad (@ParentingSquad) will be hosting a parenting chat every Thursday at 11:00 am Pacific. Drop by for fun parenting conversations and a chance to win prizes! Use #PSChat to participate.