Please Join Wise Bread at SXSW 2010!
Thanks to your support, Wise Bread has been selected to host a SXSW session on Blogger Credibility.
We would love to see you at our session!
You'll meet plenty of bloggers you know (Adam Baker, Thursday Bram, GeekMommy, Glen Stansberry, Wise Bread founders, etc), and have the opportunity to meet folks from Blogher, Lifetime TV Moms, WOMMA, Liferemix Network, Walmart Moms, and more.
If you can't make it to Austin, you can join us for a special live Tweetchat discussion (with a $20 GC prize).
- Title: Measuring Blogger Credibility: FTC Regulation vs. Crowdsourced Solutions
- Time: Saturday, March 13 at 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
- Format: Core Conversations
- Location: SXSW Austin Convention Center Room 19B (map)
- Topic: The FTC wants to regulate blogs because many are posting reviews without disclosing conflicts of interest. Is government intervention the answer? This session discusses new ways to measure blogger credibility using crowdsourced, self-policing systems. It'll examine specific metrics, review the new tools available, and propose new industry standards.
We'll be livetweeting the session and you're welcome to join the discussion!
- Time: Saturday, March 13 at 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm (Central Time)
- Make sure you are following @WiseBread so we can contact you if you win.
- Prize: We're giving away one $20 Amazon gift certificate to one lucky participant.
- Debbie Wogan, Senior VP of Sales for Blogher.
- Stacey Ferguson, FTC Division of Advertising Practices (attending via Twitter).
- Glen Stansberry, Founder of Liferemix blog network.
- Katja Presnal, Home Channel Editor at Lifetime TV website for Moms.
- Adam Baker, Man v. Debt and contributor to Wise Bread and Get Rich Slowly.
- Kris Smith, Co-founder of CMP.ly.
- Travis Wright, CMO of Advangel.
- George Smith, Social Strategist for R/GA.
- Lucretia Madden Pruitt, Founder of Social Media Matters & GeekMommy.
- Brian A. Hall, Esq., Partner at Traverse Legal Law firm.
- John Moore, Spokesperson for the WOMMA.
- Thursday Bram, Freelance expert, Wise Bread writer & contributor to Lifehack & Investopedia.
- Linsey Knerl, Wise Bread Community Manager & Walmart Mom.
- Will Chen, Greg Go, Lynn Truong, Wise Bread Co-founders.
We'll keep updating the guest list as we get more confirmations.
There are lots of other great SXSW sessions. Here are a few of our favorites:
- The Happiness Project
- Don't Move: Build a Startup Community Where You Live
- Ramit Sethi's Building a Bulletproof Personal-Finance System
- Era of Crowdsourcing: Guiding Principles
- Problogger: Secrets to Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income
- The Broke Diaries: Using Blogs and Twitter to Live Cheaply
- Online News of Tomorrow
If you have any questions or suggestions please leave a comment below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. See you in Austin!