Share Your Favorite FinCon Moments and Win $100!
We just came back from the amazing Financial Blogger’s Conference hosted by Philip of PT Money. We had the pleasure of meeting over 270 bloggers, authors, and financial professionals. You can download our presentations and bonus action plans here:
- 1 Million Pageviews on a Small Budget (Bonus Action Plan now available) - Will Chen
- SEO Secrets of Wise Bread - Greg Go
- Advanced Monetization Strategies (With 60 Advance Monetizing Strategies from top bloggers) - Lynn Truong
How to Win $100
Leave a comment below sharing your favorite memory or lesson learned from the conference before 11:59 pm on October 24th. A random winner will be announced on October 25th.
You can leave as many comments as you like, but only your first comment will be counted in the drawing.
My Favorite Memories
- Meeting Tess Vigeland of Marketplace—one of my public radio heroes—and finding out that she thinks our chart of top personal finance bloggers is a really great list.
- Giving Donna Freedman the biggest hug in the world for all the homemade jam she’s been sending me all these years. (That’s right Karen, you missed your hug!)
- I felt pretty nifty picking up two Plutus Awards from Flexo—for Best Design Blog and Best Deals Blog—but was humbled when Budgets are Sexy walked by with his four trophies.
- Partying it up with Yes, I’m Cheap—we love her and have dubbed her an honorary Wise Bread member.
- Observing the clockwork precision of PT's crack team (Jessica, Justin, and more) at work. Everything was on time, reasonably priced, and convenient! Maybe he should stop wasting his time blogging and just run for president. (That's PT in the title photo loading up for the conference.)
- Watching MoneySmartLife, The Military Wallet, Bible Money Matters, and GenXFinance grade our waiter’s marketing skills. It was like Boiler Room with cake.
- Meeting the faces behind the Twitter accounts of MoneyCrashers and LifeTuner—two of our favorite Tweetchat buddies.
- Confirming that Jeff Rose does indeed look and sound like The Rock. I knew it!
- Finding out that Bucksome Boomer, Free Money Finance, Stop Buying Crap, and Digerati Life are just as chill and generous in real life as they are on their blogs.
- First time meeting Kelly Whalen, JD, and Flexo in person. What do I talk about? How cat blogging is the way of the future!
- Reading Ramit’s twitter stream while he walked right by me. It was surreal. (By the way his twitter stream offers a lot of unique info you won’t find on his blog, make sure you check it out!)
- Getting dating advice from Jim and Stacy of Money Talk News. I think I'm their new pet project.
- Overhearing Linsey and Lynn chat about cute guys. I coughed several times but they didn’t bring up my name. They were probably using a code word to refer to me, so i don't get embarrassed.
- 20 and Engaged started this ugly rumor that I did my presentation without my pants on. This is only partially true.
My airline screwed up my flight so I didn't get any sleep the night before the conference. I'm still recovering from everything so I apologize if this list is not as complete as I'd like it to be.
- Financial bloggers build community as they share their stories (Millionaire Corner)
- A meeting of minds: Financial blogger conference 2011 (Get Rich Slowly)
- Moving beyond blogging at the Financial Bloggers’ Conference (The Centsible Life)
- Financial blogger conference 2011: Meeting up with the personal finance blogosphere (Bible Money Matters)
- LoveDrop’s FinCon11 Service Project (LoveDrop)
- A gathering of financial minds: FinCon11 a smashing success (Cash Money Life)
- How to handle hundreds of colleagues (Consumerism Commentary)
- The Financial Blogger Conference saved this blog (The Jenny Pincher)
- Recap of the Financial Blogger Conference (Fiscally Chic)
- Financial Blogger Conference 11--meeting the PF blogger world and more (Free From Broke)
- Financial Blogger Conference 2011 Video Recap (1099 Mom Linsey Knerl)
- 2011 Financial Blogger Conference Roundup (Blogthority)
If you wrote a roundup please share them in the comments and I’ll post them up here!
Thanks to Peter of Bible Money Matters (pictured top left) for sharing these photos with us. Check out his photoset or the entire Fincon11 Flickr pool. If you have set of photos not included in the Flickr pool, please let me know and I'll link to them here.
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.